|Title:||Cook (Shelby Campus) Louisville, KY|
Are you seeking a challenging, yet rewarding career?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team!
Your next career starts here at Volunteers of America Mid-States!
Join our team and be a part of creating positive change!
POSITION - Cook (Shelby Campus & Family Emergency Shelter
The Cook, in conjunction with the Program Manager or Food Service Supervisor, plans menus, orders food and supplies, supervises other kitchen personnel, and schedules and coordinates kitchen activities.
The position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and related experience in food preparation and service. The ability to manage kitchen and to maintain a schedule is a must.
1. Preparing meals and menus.
2. Order and serve nutritional foods.
3. Control inventories and budget.
4. Coordinate special activities on occasions.
5. Maintain personal and personnel hygiene standards.
6. Ensure food storage compels with state, federal or local regulations.
7. Monitor climate control on refrigerator units.
8. Supervise other employees or volunteers assigned to work in kitchen area.
9. Maintain food service standards for program.
10. Ensure cafeteria area is clean.
11. Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
1. To operate within budget and manpower.
2. To serve planned meals on time.
3. To ensure proper kitchen operation and cleanliness.
4. To comply with codes and regulations of state, federal, or local authorities.
5. To portray positive image for organization.
6. To service the dietary needs of the program.
7. To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Suite of voluntary benefits
Volunteers of America - Midstates helps real people facing real challenges to find real and lasting solutions. Through research-driven programming, our services address family homelessness, addiction, developmental disabilities, HIV infection, and other issues facing individuals and communities.
Volunteers of America Mid-states does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status or sexual orientation.