|Title:||External Relations Coordinator|
Under direct supervision of the Executive Associate, the External Relations Coordinator is responsible for handling the External Relations Directors’ daily/weekly planner, communicating to external constituents on behalf of the directors, managing event and other materials, and providing other administrative support as needed for the External Relations Directors.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with a demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced office. Must possess excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, be highly organized and be a proficient Microsoft Office user. Must have 1-3 years prior experience functioning as a skilled office administrative employee and volunteer coordination experience is preferred.
- Maintain departmental and department directors’ calendars
- Take and transcribe minutes for meetings as assigned.
- Prepare expense reports for department directors.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of team meetings.
- Make travel arrangements as needed for department directors
- Represent Volunteers of America at donor events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- To be efficient and professional in dealing with staff and external contacts while assisting the department directors in their day-to-day schedule.
- To increase the speed and efficiency of the agency’s administrative office function.
- To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment & justice to all internal and external contacts.
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Requires lifting and carrying objects usually 50 pounds or less.
- Ability to use standard computer work station and phone set-up.
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Paid Time off
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Suite of voluntary benefits
Volunteers of America - Mid-states helps real people facing challenges to find real and lasting solutions. Through research-driven programming, our services address family homelessness, addiction, developmental disabilities, HIV infection, and other issues facing individuals and communities.
Volunteers of America Mid-states does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status or sexual orientation.