Outreach Worker (SSVF) Knoxville/Middlesboro, TN
|Title:||Outreach Worker (SSVF) Knoxville/Middlesboro, TN|
Volunteers of America Mid-States founded in 1896, is one of our nation’s largest, most diversified nonprofit human services organizations. The Mid-States affiliate serves Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Southern Indiana and Southern Ohio from our Louisville headquarters. We improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable people by providing them with the best programs possible so they can achieve self-sufficiency.
Under direction works in assigned communities to identify and engage target populations of the grant (Veterans with families who are homeless) to encourage and direct their participation in the SSVF Program.
Associate’s degree in human services or related field or equivalent training and experience; requires two years of related work experience. Knowledge of problems associated with target population. Skills in oral and written communication. Ability to effectively communicate with target population. Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, judgment, discretion and honesty. Must learn and apply agency and program policies and procedures.
- Honorably Discharged Veteran is preferred.
- Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time with travel reimbursement throughout grant territory.
- Conducts outreach to identify and engage target population.
- Ensures compliance with grant requirements.
- Ensures Volunteers of America’s positive public image when working with social service agencies, local businesses, community partners, etc.
- Ensures continuation of Volunteers of America’s participation in the SSVF Program.
- To model agency core values of integrity, compassion, diversity, commitment and justice to all internal and external contacts.
- Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
This is a paid position. Competitive benefits package is available, including health/dental/life/403b.
Social security card must be presented at time of hire.