|Title:||Outreach Worker - Oak Ridge|
Are you seeking a challenging, yet rewarding career?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team!
Your next career starts here at Volunteers of America Mid-States!
Join our team and be a part of creating positive change!
Outreach Worker - HRVP
Under direction, works in assigned communities to identify target populations of the grant (homeless veterans) and encourage their participation in the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program.
Associate’s degree in human services or related field or equivalent training and experience. Requires two years’ related work experience. Knowledge of problems associated with homeless veterans. Skills in oral and written communication. Ability to effectively communicate with target population. Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, judgment, discretion, and honesty. Must learn and apply agency, personnel and program policies and procedures, and stipulations of the grant contract.
1. Honorably Discharged Veteran who has served more than six (6) months on Active Duty.
2. TB test.
3. Hepatitis vaccine.
4. Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
1. Works in Oak Ridge, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) to identify target population of the grant (veterans’ homes, hospitals, organizations and Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP) and Local Veterans’ Employment Representative (LVER) Staff of the Tennessee State Employment Security Agency).
2. Establishes credibility with target population using a variety of communication and trust building techniques.
3. Assesses and refers target population to social/vocational/educational services agencies, and area employers.
4. Screens, refers, and enrolls homeless veterans into the Homeless Veteransƒ Reintegration Program.
5. Performance quality improvement (PQI) duties as assigned by supervision & PQI committee.
403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Suite of voluntary benefits
Volunteers of America - Midstates helps real people facing real challenges to find real and lasting solutions. Through research-driven programming, our services address family homelessness, addiction, developmental disabilities, HIV infection, and other issues facing individuals and communities.
Volunteers of America Mid-states does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status or sexual orientation.